Martin Odegaard is expected to miss out with the ankle injury; Sheff Utd hope to have Jayden Bogle and George Baldock available.
Sheffield United interim manager Paul Heckingbottom hopes to have Jayden Bogle and George Baldock available against Arsenal.
Both players suffered head injuries in the defeat at Leeds last weekend but could feature following concussion protocols.
John Egan returned from a toe injury at Elland Road with a late substitute appearance and the defender is likely to get more minutes on Sunday. However, Chris Basham, Billy Sharp, Sander Berge (hamstring) and Jack O’Connell (knee) remain out.
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta will assess his squad on Friday to see how they are shaping up after their Thursday night Europa League exploits.
Martin Odegaard is expected to miss out with the ankle injury that kept him out of the Slavia Prague game, with Calum Chambers also a doubt with a knock.
David Luiz and Kieran Tierney definitely miss out with knee problems.
Predicted Line Up: Leno, Bellerin, Gabriel, Holding, Cedric, Partey, Xhaka, Ceballos, Saka, Aubameyang, Lacazette
- Sheffield United are unbeaten in all four home Premier League matches against Arsenal (W2 D2), winning their last two 1-0 in 2006-07 and 2019-20.
- Arsenal have played more Premier League matches at Bramall Lane without winning than at any other ground (4). Their last away top-flight win at Sheffield United was in April 1991, winning 2-0 with goals from Kevin Campbell and Alan Smith.
- London teams have won each of their last three Premier League visits to face Sheffield United at Bramall Lane (West Ham, Tottenham, Chelsea), as many as sides from the capital had won in their first 24 visits to the ground in the competition (W3 D6 L15).
- None of Sheffield United’s last 16 Premier League games have finished level (W4 L12), with only Manchester City (19) on a longer current run without a draw.
- This will be Sheffield United’s 24th consecutive Premier League game starting the day bottom of the table – only six teams have ever had a longer such run in the competition, most recently Aston Villa in 2015-16 (28 games).